Saturday, July 10, 2010

Without Daddy

This week Ryan has been in Minnesota for a work related class. The absence of Daddy has been remarkable and reminds me of why God designed families to have 2 parents. Etienne is definately more bonded to Ryan than to me and so I anticipated this time alone to work on more bonding. Unfortunately, I think that Etienne hasn't understood why Daddy isn't home and his reaction is to act out more. Last night after prayers he said "I want to go back to the orphanage." Now I KNOW he doesn't mean that but I was still shocked that he knew that word because we don't ever use it. We only talk about him being from Rwanda. I don't want him to remember anything about the orphanage. I will always tell him with pride of his birth mother's love for him and the amazing grace that brought him into our family, but I don't want him to remember anything incorporated with an orphanage. So his comment still hurt his mama.
I have also taken a fresh angle with E. He always resists me hugging him or holding hands. So I have recruited Molly, Blake and Zeke to help me make holding hands and affection REALLY FUN. We probably stand out even more on the streets of O town because we now all hold hands and say "I am holding your hand because I love you so much and it's so fun." We also twirl while holding hands. Whatever it takes, whatever it takes, whatever it takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment