Thursday, February 14, 2013

Indescribable

     Something big is happening here.  I can't put into words the enormity of it.  Someday I will be able to give the details, all the little things that have been so noticeable to us.  But tonight all I can say is that God is working in more beautfiul ways than we have seen in a long while.  There is a weight that has lifted these last few days in the six of us.  Most especially in our E.  Tonight, Ryan and the boys were rough housing and I was sitting on the couch, trying to ignore it.  Etienne stopped playing and crawled onto my lap. He wrapped his arms around me and stuck in face as close into my neck as he could get.  His whole body was relaxed and melted into mine.  And then he stayed there a really long time.  Tears rolled down my face.  Ryan knew too.  This is different.  This is love.  He found it.
"Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old.  Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth.  Do you not see it?  I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. -Isaiah 43:18-19

2 comments: