Tuesday, February 12, 2013

He Definitely Likes Me




     My Mom hand delivered this card to me today (she volunteers in Etienne's class on Tuesdays).  He had demanded that she take it to me NOW.  He had first told his teacher that he wanted to make me a card.  He wasn't prompted by a Valentine station or anything.  This was his choice for his "writer's workshop," and he asked his teacher to help him write by tracing the words.
"Thanks be to God for His indescribable gifts!" - 2 Corinthians 9:15  
    This is the first time that he has said these words to me.  My heart leaps and tears well up again.  You see, when I kiss him good night and tell him I love him, he has always responded with "Good night," or just thumb sucking.  When he climbs out of the van, he hollers good bye, but not "I love you."  He was thinking about me at school.  Another little piece of his heart revealed.

2 comments:

  1. It has been so exciting to read about how far Etienne has been coming just in the last number of months. It's strange that, even though I've never met your family (and probably never will), I am so excited to hear of his gradual love for you. I'm excited about the hope that this gives for you and for him. Someday I hope he finds comfort and love in the realization that he has had so many cheerleaders that he's never met--that's one of the great things about being a part of the body of Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juanita, you don't know how much my online friends and support means.XO

    ReplyDelete