Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Conferences

     Today between 4 and 6:45 we had piano, theater, a soccer game, 3 conferences and football.  This was the time frame of Ryan's parent teacher conferences too.  I survived.  No one missed anything, I didn't get a speeding ticket, forget anyone anywhere or lose anybody.  Mission accomplished.
     Etienne's conference had his teacher and his ELL (English Language Learning) teacher too.  She gets E first thing in the morning.  Her words exactly were "It is such a great way to start my day because he is amazing."  Turn on the tears.  She went on to say that while he has long way to go academically, she loves his enthusiasm and that he gets excited when he makes a connection.  His kindergarten teacher expressed that she knows he is trying and that she can see improvement in his behavior.  More tears.  She asked how things were at home.  Choking up.  We explained a little bit more about the nature of RAD and Ryan reassured her (if you can call it that) that I've always taken the brunt of his abuse.  Par for the course.
     Praise God that someone can see my son's heart.  All I have been praying for, literally, is that the adults that are with him when Ryan and I can't be will see that he is desperate for acceptance, approval, love.  And at least we feel like they may be getting a glimpse of his true spirit.  So thankful for that.
     I can't leave out my "Bigs."  They were both elected as the first first and fourth grade "Citizens of the Month" of the school year.  No surprise with Miss Molly but Blake often does his own thing no matter what the adults in the room suggest.  Apparently, his teacher gets his sense of humor and patience.
     Blessed parents are we.



No comments:

Post a Comment