Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Give me your junk

Mark your calendar- June 18, 19 & 20 we are having a garage sale! Ryan's mom, Paula, sent us an encouraging email yesterday morning after visiting some other blogs and seeing photos of other recently adopted kids. She was feeling inspired and decided that she'd like to help us have another fundraiser and its that garage sale time of year. So, email me if you have stuff you'd like me to take off your hands (or out of your attic/garage/basement!) and I will come in my grocery getter and pick it up! Today is 3 weeks since the Ministry sent our letter of approval. It felt like a kinda sad day. To those of you reading it wondering why should I be sad, I know. Sigh. I have so much to be thankful for but there is a part of me that is already a mom to the kids I haven't met. And every mom out there knows the feeling of being a little bit less when you aren't with your kids. Just not quite whole. I am, of course, just praying each morning that today will be the day that we will remember forever. I know that God didn't promise that anything that would be easy; He did promise that He will give us the strength to get through this. "the Lord has done great things for us and we are filled with joy!" -Psalms 126:3 This past week there were awaa families in Rwanda bringing their children home. We are thanking God for their smooth process and safe travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment