Monday, April 27, 2009

About last night...

It is great that I stayed up all night...sometime before my shift was over we had a comment on our blog regarding the legitimacy of adopting from Rwanda. It said something like "don't you know that you can only adopt privately in Rwanda?" Luckily, I think I removed the comment before naysayers (sp?) had a chance to spread rumors. I cleared the air with our awesome social worker, Ryan, later today. He reassured me that America World has succeeeded in adoptions (We know who you all are!!) from Rwanda. April is a month of mourning for the genocide of 1994, so government offices tend to move a little slower. This picture is the road to Kibuye, now a memorial walk.
We also know that there is another America World family also requesting 2 kids from Rwanda and they are at the same stage of waiting as we are. This is exciting to know they are with us along the journey.
Thank you, thank you for your words of encouragement and prayers. We are so grateful and blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment