Saturday, January 26, 2013

My favorite mug



This feels like my life.  Molly gave me this sweet mug, with her own money, for Christmas.  We have this thing with sparrows, so it was an especially thoughtful gift (Not to mention she's saving every penny for her Rwanda trip).
     Notice the black ink scribble on the tail of the sparrow.  Etienne.  Seriously.  All writing utensils of any form have been hidden for months in this house, so even thinking about the how, when, where of him doing this makes me nuts.
     I'm not gonna lie.  I was pissed (excuse my french).  Maybe it was those 5 nights of more than a few hours of sleep or probably it was just God's grace, but I started to laugh.  How imperfectly perfect that my favorite mug had been damaged with black ink.  I can still see something beautiful under that mess.
"Even the sparrow has found a home and the swallow a nest for herself where she may place near your alter, O Lord, my King." -Psalm 84:3

No comments:

Post a Comment