Saturday, March 6, 2010

Ode to the Ergo

Oh, Ergo,
I'd heard of you for oh so long,
Denied your neccessity was denying my back pain
My baby needed held, my baby needed touch
The wraps, the slings, the bejorns and such
I scoured the craigslists, cosignment stores and blogs
When attending a chili feed, another fellow adoptive mother
Gave me hers!
And my back and my baby oh so happy now!
To any adoptive mama with a toddler or a baby, you must invest in a Ergo! They are crazy expensive new, but if you can find someone to borrow one from, I can't tell you enough what a difference in bonding and in functioning they can be! Ezekiel can also be on my front, but he prefers the back (Rwanda style!) and even sleeps there. And it's a workout too!

1 comment:

  1. I just saw Mary Anne at church on Tuesday and she told me for months she would see the ergo in her closet and she kept thinking, " I paid so much money for this and now it is just setting in my closet. There must be someone, somewhere who needs this." Another God thing, once again another answered prayer! Mom

    ReplyDelete